Monday, July 25, 2005

Cubs Series

I have to say, while I would have loved to have seen the Cardinals take 2 out of 3 from the Cubs, the end result of that series doesn't have me upset this morning. Any time you have a series that features a lineup with your starting catcher, 3rd baseman, and left fielder on the DL, along with your regular 1st baseman and right fielder on the bench? You're not likely to win. As is, the Cardinals had a chance to win (or lose) all 3 games. In fact, Pujols had a chance to win each of the last 2, just coming up short.

In the meantime, the Cardinal's health (or lack thereof) is starting to make me just a little nervous. Breaking it down:

Yadier Molina - broken hand (kind of important for a guy who snags 90+ MPH fastballs.) The last I heard, it will be at least another 2 weeks.

Reggie Sanders - broken leg (and bye bye 30/30 season.) Sanders, in my mind, is the guy most likely to be able to come back and play at a high level in September.

Scott Rolen - shoulder problems. His defense was still fine, it's just the fact that he can't hit. He has me very nervous right now.

Larry Walker - neck problems. They're talking about another cortizone shot this week. Let's face it - the dude is old. If he can actually play come October, at this point it will be a bonus to me.

Rumors are bouncing around that the Cardinals may be interested in dealing Jason Marquis for Melvin Mora, then calling up Adam Wainwright to fill out the rotation. Mora is having a slight down year (.294/.352/.493), but would be a great upgrade over the current bench. What's more, the guy has played all 3 outfield positions, as well as 3rd, 2nd, and short. Even if everyone gets healthy, he could play plenty. And, of course, the Cardinals only need 4 starters in the playoffs anyway. Between Suppan and Marquis, one was going to either move to the bullpen or be left off of the roster anyway.

Sidebar - yes, it's been sparce to see me posting here. I'm working on it, people. (My real job has to take a higher priority, even when I don't want it to....)

8 Comments:

At 12:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

DEar Rob:

I have a question. Is J-Rod for real? Thank you.

-Z

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Robb said...

I've never had a request before. I'll see if I can work something up on that this evening.

(Sorry for the infrequent posts.)

 
At 11:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Rob...

-Z

 
At 1:22 AM, Blogger Tom Naka said...

Help! I am lost. I was searching for database health services
and somehow ended up here. How that happened I don't know, however I do like your Blog a lot. Would you mind if I add your Blog to my favorites page so others can visit?

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger trinity said...

I really liked the information on your blog about st louis cardinals I have my own st louis cardinals exposedblog if you would like to come and see what I have on mine

 
At 8:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a Health blog. It pretty much covers Dieting Health Fitness Exercise related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time

 
At 6:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was searching for chicago cubs baseball and found your site.

I'm a huge Cub fan and I have been looking for other sites about chicago cubs baseball

Dave

 
At 6:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anyone looking for some more business administration info?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home